Oily rags cause garage fire in American Township

Date:

Share post:


LIMA — What began as small combustion in a trash can led to a garage fire at a residence in American Township.

The American Township Fire Department responded to 2819 Lakewood Ave. at 12:23 a.m. Wednesday. American Township Fire Chief Tom Hadding said the fire was called in by a passerby around 12:18 a.m.

Firefighters were present at the residence for around one and a half hours. No residents were home at the time of the fire. According to the Allen County Auditor’s website, the property is owned by Austin Patterson.

Firefighters determined oily rags from home remodeling were the cause of this incident. Chief Hadding believes there is about $8,000 to $10,000 worth of damage.

“Wood and siding on the garage will need to be replaced to finish with the residential remodel,” Hadding said.

American Township Firefighters were called to a garage fire Tuesday evening on Lakewood Avenue.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Related articles

GOP cuts into Democrats’ lead among Latino voters, new poll shows

Less than six weeks before November’s midterm elections, Democrats lead Republicans by more than 20 points among...

Fresh faces in India’s ODI squad for South Africa series

India named their squad for the three-match ODI series against South Africa that follows the T20Is with...

As the Latino vote’s power grows, urban and rural vote splits

In the last few elections cycles, Latino voters have become a focus among analysts and campaigns, a...
English English Somali Somali